Wednesday, December 09, 2009

From Idaho to Colombia

In 2008, I spent a month in Colombia as part of a fellowship with The Nature Conservancy. I gave a presentation on my adventures there last night in Boise and will give another next week in Ketchum (6 pm Dec. 15 at The Community Library).

For those interested in more stories from Colombia, here are some links:
Saving Cotton-Top Tamarins--and Helping People Too: My article on the Conservancy's work in the tropical dry forest near Cartagena.
Mochilas for Monkeys: My Cool Green Science blog post about Conservancy partner Proyecto Titi and how making mochila bags benefit communities in the dry forest.
A Ranch Called Hope: My story on Eduardo Martinez and his ranch on the Llanos grasslands.

The Nature Conservancy's Colombia page: Lots of good information about the Conservancy's work in Colombia.
Colombia blog: More photos I took during my fellowship.
If you have questions or would like to discuss more about Colombia, please feel free to email me. I'm always happy to share stories about my time in that beautiful part of the world.--Matt Miller

No comments: